Need for speed – mod_pagespeed


Over this day I have added mod_pagespeed including some fine tuning for Magento. After enabling it (lastest stable x86_84 for Fedora 17 / CentOS) I got a lot xml errors.

However I was able to fix all of these errors.

The convert_meta_tags filter of mod_pagespeed has changed the whole initial site definition to xml even it is still html because of this meta, added in past for the semantic web extension:

<html xmlns=”” version=”XHTML+RDFa 1.0″ xml:lang=”en”>

Here are  my settings for /etc/httpd/conf.d/pagespeed.conf:

# endur 14-10-12
ModPagespeedDisableFilters convert_meta_tags,inline_css,inline_javascript,remove_quotes
ModPagespeedEnableFilters collapse_whitespace,remove_comments

# endur 14-10-12 – enhanced cache for images
ModPagespeedFileCacheSizeKb 512000

Really important was the disabled convert_meta_tags filter to get mod_pagespeed working for me. The result is really impressive!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *